Become part of a team that implements cutting-edge insurance software for insurance companies worldwide.
Business Consultant is responsible for the collection, understanding and translation of customer business requirements into working INSIS software solutions. Works as part of a team under the direction of the project management community. Creates clear documentation throughout the project life cycle and executes configuration requirements.
- Works with the client to identify business requirements and translates them into workable INSIS solutions. Gathers information regarding current and future business processes and desired functional outcomes. Provides guidance on process optimization with regard to product functionality.
- Creates clear documentation of the business requirements and achieves client sign-off. Where appropriate generates process mapping documentation and data models/data flows. Ensures the correct interpretation of the business requirements into functional specifications, and reviews the developed solutions to ensure customer acceptance.
- Configures the INSIS application as appropriate to achieve conformity with the client requirements.
- Provides input to project estimates after analyzing the proposed development approach and complexity.
- Participates in internal quality reviews of the developed solutions. Contributes to the design, development, review and execution of system test cases.
- Provides input to the process of transitioning projects into Support.
- Assists in the sales support cycle, product demonstrations and training when required.
What we expect:
- An experienced business analyst/consultant with at least 2 years’ experience gained in an insurance software environment. Demonstrable customer facing skills; able to communicate clearly, present logically and participate in business discussions. For internal candidates, alternative experience (e.g. development, QA) will be considered eligible
- Strong technical awareness with ability to understand average to complex software problems and facilitate the optimum solution. Experience with Oracle, PL/SQL and Java a distinct advantage. Can configure various INSIS attributes including product screens, database artefacts and business rules
- Ability to support and advise the project team and customers on limitations and opportunities for perfect fit customer solutions based on knowledge of INSIS
- Strong stakeholder management skills; able to translate business requirements and issues into suitable solutions in discussion with customers and partners
- A good understanding of project delivery methodologies and governance
- Business planning and organizing skills; able to work on own initiative but with the judgement to know when to raise issues/concerns with management
- Detail aware, able to resolve most project issues and risks. Good judgement in regard to the need for escalation
- Willing to travel and work across multiple geographies
- Life Insurance business or IT project experience
- Working knowledge of General (P&C), Health, Life, Unit-Linked or Pension Insurance
- Actuarial science
- An exciting working environment.
- Competitive remuneration and social incentives package.
- Development opportunities that match individual’s aspirations and motivation.
If you are interested in this role, we will be glad to hear from you. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be assessed and treated in strict confidence.